Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Birthday Cheesecakes

I love to bake and cook so any time I get an excuse to do so I take and run with it. My birthday is December 23 (yes, I'm a Christmas baby) and every year I would wait and hope that my mom would make me a birthday cake. And just about every year I would either not get one or I would have to wait until after New Years and I would have to share one with my dad (his birthday is January 4). It sounds like I'm complaining and I am.

Anyway, last year I decided just to make my own birthday cake. See, I'm taking it and running with it. I decided to make cheesecakes since they're really awesome and, if made properly, are DELICIOUS!!! I love red velvet cake and the tiramisu my grandma makes so choosing the kinds of cheesecakes was a pretty obvious answer. After much research and pooring through countless recipes I found recipes to use that seemed reliable.

Since I had to work every day before my birthday I had to make the cheesecakes after work. This meant I had to pass a few late nights to make sure I got the cheesecakes done in time for my birthday. But, in the end, they turned out FANTASTICALLY!!!! I brought the cheesecakes to work as my "birthday treat" and they were a HUGE hit. They went through both cheesecakes before the end of the day. Many of my coworkers asked that I bring a cheesecake the next day but I told them that wasn't happening, they would just have to wait until my next birthday. With my birthday next month, I have already decided on this year's additions but you'll have to wait until another day to find out what I have chosen!

No comments:

Post a Comment