Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Travelling Cheesecakes: Jacob's Chocolate Chip Cheesecake

Two months ago, in the midst of making the birthday cheesecakes, I also made a chocolate chip cheesecake for my friend Jacob. So, I made four cheesecakes in less than one week. You are probably thinking: "Boy! This girl is crazy!" Guess what, I am!!!

Jacob made the request of me a few weeks before Christmas so I had some time to study-up and plan ahead since I would, most likely, be making this cheesecake after work one day. Jacob is a grad student in Virginia and I made it clear that under no circumstances would I be mailing one of my creations all the way to Virginia.

So instead, I would be sending it along with our friends Ryan and Nikki, newly-married mutual friends of ours. Jacob would be going home to Rochester, MN for Christmas and Ryan and Nikki would be in the area to visit Nikki's family for Christmas. Ryan and Nikki live nearby in West Allis so I would drop off the cheesecake to them and they would hand it off to Jacob, hoping that they two of them wouldn't eat the cheesecake themselves (Nikki LOVES cheesecake).

What I do for my friends borders on insanity....

CHOCOLATE CHIP CHEESECAKE

1 1/2 cups finely crushed cream-filled sandwich cookies (Oreos)
2-3 tablespoons butter, melted
3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
3 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup (6 ounces) mini semisweet chocolate chips, divided
1 teaspoon all-purpose flour

1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Combine cookie crumbs and butter; press firmly on bottom of a 9-inch springform pan or a 13-by-9-inch baking pan.

2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well.

3. In a small bowl, toss 1/2 cup of the mini chips with the flour to coat; stir into the cream cheese mixture. Pour into the prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining mini chip evenly over the top. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until set. Cool. Chill. Garnish if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment